www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from themortalgroove. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

More Songs I Wish I Wrote

Today, we revisit a (semi) oldie, but a real goodie.

Listened to “Solsbury Hill” by Peter Gabriel a few times today, and after all these years, I am still completely dumbstruck by how good this song is.

A lot of folks will hear biblical references in the song or cite how he wrote it as a “passage” from being in Genesis to becoming a solo act, and that is fine. Music is out there for people to interpret in their own way.

I do hear/see parts of the above mentioned things in “Solsbury Hill” but it is more than those things to me. It is hard to say what makes it so special to me. I guess it just feels like the power of redemption.

So I went from day to day
Oh, my life was in a rut

'Til I thought of what I'd say
Which connection I should cut

I was feeling part of the scenery
I'd walk right out of the machinery
My heart going boom-boom-boom
Hey, he said, grab your things I've come to take you home
Eh, back home

Comments on "More Songs I Wish I Wrote"

 

Blogger Geo said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Yeah, I suppose without catagorization, the human brain wouldn't know how to process much of the information it takes in. :)

 

post a comment